EasyRSEI Online Help
EasyRSEI is an Microsoft Access-based tool that allows users to quickly extract commonly used results from EPA's Risk-Screening Environmental Indicators (RSEI) model, including trends, rankings, facility-level drivers and model data.
EasyRSEI is particularly useful for examining trends to measure change, and for ranking and prioritizing chemicals and industry sectors for strategic planning, conducting risk-related targeting, and supporting community-based projects. Considerable resources can be saved by conducting preliminary analyses with EasyRSEI to identify risk-related situations of high potential concern.
- EasyRSEI only models certain releases and transfers reported to the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI):
- Air: on-site stack, fugitive, and off-site incineration and volatilization from transfers to publicly-owned treatment works (POTWs).
- Surface water: releases from TRI reporting facilities and from transfers to POTWs only.
- EasyRSEI only includes the TRI pounds for modeled releases.
- RSEI now calculates separate results for cancer and non-cancer effects, and they are included in EasyRSEI. More information on understanding RSEI results.
- EasyRSEI contains all years of TRI data from 1988 to the present. However, some trends included in EasyRSEI cover shorter time periods.
- EasyRSEI is a simple, form-based application that requires no experience with RSEI or Microsoft Access. Easy RSEI runs without Microsoft Access.
- For users who are familiar with both RSEI and Microsoft Access, the RSEI Queries database provides sample queries for custom data extraction.