Public data for the Renewable Fuel Standard
About RFS data
- Under the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program, EPA provides aggregated monthly data on Renewable Identification Number (RIN) transactions and renewable fuel volume production.
- Data collection began in July 1, 2010.
- Data submitted by all parties regulated under RFS, including: renewable fuel producers and importers, gasoline and diesel refiners, renewable fuel exporters, and Renewable Identification Number (RIN) owners.
- Data collected from RIN transactions submitted in the EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS).
- Data may change due to remedial actions for incorrect transactions.
- D-Code (D#) identifies the renewable fuel standard category for a particular fuel based on lifecycle analysis. For more information on how D codes apply to RINs, as defined in 40 CFR Part 80.1426.
- Equivalence Value (EV) is the number used to determine how many RINs shall be generated for each gallon of renewable fuel, as defined in 40 CFR Part 80.1415.