You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Ukraine ranks 14th in global coal production – nearly 65 million metric tons (Mmt) in 2012 – and 4th in coal mine methane (CMM) emissions, which are projected to exceed 36 million metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (MTCO2E) by 2020. An overview of Ukraine’s coal mining history and current methane recovery and use efforts can be found in the Global Methane Initiative Coal Mine Methane Country Profile: Ukraine (June 2015) (PDF) (14 pp, 1 MB) Exit.
- Pre-feasibility Study on Coal Mine Methane Recovery and Utilization at Komsomolets Donbassa (KD) Mine in Donetsk, Ukraine (September 2013)
- Pre-feasibility Study on Coal Mine Methane Recovery and Utilization at Zhdanovskaya Mine, Ukraine (July 2013)
- Addressing Barriers to CMM Project Development in Ukraine: Four Coal Mine Profiles (May 2010)
- Analysis of International Best Practices for Coal Mine Methane Recovery and Utilization (January 2009)
- Ukraine Coal Mine Methane Inventories: 1990-2001 (June 2002)