Importing Vehicles and Engines

Publications and Forms for Importing Vehicles and Engines

Procedures for Importing Vehicles and Engines into the United States (below) explains EPA regulations and requirements for importing the following:

  • motor vehicles
  • motor vehicle engines
  • heavy-duty on-highway engines
  • recreational vehicles (dirt bikes, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), offroad utility vehicles (ORUVs), and snowmobiles)
  • nonroad engines (generators, watercraft, and lawn and garden equipment)

You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.

Procedures for Importing Vehicles and Engines into the United States

EPA Import Declaration Forms (Note: These forms can be filled out electronically, using Adobe Acrobat Reader.)

Mini-truck Imports Reference Materials

Mini-trucks are small trucks or vans with small spark-ignited (SI) engines with displacement below 1000 cubic centimeters and maximum engine power less than 30 kilowatts (kW) with a governed maximum speed of 25 miles per hour or less. These vehicles are subject to unique certification requirements prior to importation as described in the documents below.

Related Information