Introduction: Background on CROMERR
Note: This training is primarily intended for applicants pursuing largely or entirely custom-built systems; review timeframes are reflective of custom systems.
- For more information about using off-the-shelf solutions or component solutions such as Shared CROMERR Services, see:
Application tools and templates
- For an abbreviated overview of CROMERR requirements and the application submittal and review process, see:
CROMERR Step-by-Step Guide to Create and Submit a Successful Application
- For detailed technical specifications on CROMERR requirements, see:
CROMERR Application Reviewer Guide (DOC)(43 pp, 96 K, April 2014)
Welcome to Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Rule (CROMERR) 101: Fundamentals for States, Tribes, and Local Governments.
This course is designed for states, tribes, and local governments that:
- Administer EPA-authorized programs under Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations (40 CFR)
- Accept or wish to accept electronic reports.
The course consists of eight lessons, which are listed to the left in the menu bar. You may select any lesson from this menu at any time or use the Back and Next links to access the training in sequence.
Throughout the course, you will encounter certain words and phrases that appear as hyperlinked text. These are key terms that have specific meaning. By selecting the hyperlinked words, the CROMERR definition of that term will appear in a pop up box.
Back and next links are provided to the right above and below all page content to allow quick navigation through the course pages. On pages where course content is particularly substantive, these back and next links will instead move you through important sub-points.