Benchmark Dose Software (BMDS) Training Webinars
From this page, you can view recordings made in June 2014 of a live BMDS training. These recorded webinars introduce the basics of the benchmark dose modeling method, provide more details on using the BMDS software's numerous modeling choices, and include several hands-on exercises. Question-and-answer transcripts and an erratum document are included.
The intended audience for this training are risk assessors.
- You will want to have the current version of BMDS installed on your workstation. EPA users will need to locate the BMDS and Wizard folders in their personal subfolder within the EPA “Users” folder (C:\Users\[LAN ID, e.g., “jgift”]\BMDS260). Non-EPA users can locate their folders in other directories, but the Wizard folder MUST be in the same directory as the BMDS executable.
Note: The training uses BMDS version 2.5. You may notice a few differences between 2.5 and the current BMDS version in the context of the training instruction.
- To use the BMDS Wizard templates, Microsoft Excel must be installed on your workstation.
- For the Time Models webinar, you must install the 32-bit edition of version 3.1 or later of the R statistical software Exit for more information).
Benchmark Dose Training Modules and Supporting Files
The training webinar recordings and supporting files are hosted on the EPA's Contaminated Site Clean-up Information (CLU-IN) Web site. The following table provides quick access to each webinar's video recording, slides, practice files, and edited transcripts of the in-session Q&A chats.
- Clicking on a Webinar Topic link will open and play the Adobe Connect recording in your Web browser; no extra software should be needed to view them.
- You should also view the Slide Errata and Notes.
- J. Allen Davis, MSPH, U.S. EPA National Center for Environmental Assessment
- Jeff Gift, Ph.D., U.S. EPA National Center for Environmental Assessment
- Jean Balent (Moderator), U.S. EPA Technology Innovation and Field Services Division