Water/Wastewater Utility All-Hazards Bootcamp Training
This training course is designed for water and wastewater employees responsible for emergency response and recovery activities. It also explains why and how to implement an all-hazards program.
Walk through a scenario with Our Town Utility staff, hear from water sector representatives, and test your knowledge on the following topics:
- Prevention and mitigation
After downloading and completing the training, a certificate of completion will be generated that may be used for continuing education credits (CECs). Many states have pre-approved the Boot Camp training for 0.2 CECs or 2.0 training hours. However, users should check with the appropriate state operator certification program or visit their state website to verify the number of CECs or training hours before submitting their certificate. Remember to make a copy of the certificate and keep for your personal records.
To run EPA’s Water and Wastewater All-Hazards Boot Camp Training Course, the following minimum system hardware and software requirements must be met:
- CPU - Pentium IV or equivalent 1.5 GHz
- RAM - 512 MB RAM
- Sound Blaster compatible sound card
- Graphics card must support a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels
- Windows XP or Windows Vista including the latest service packs and security patches available
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Macromedia Flash® Player version 10
- Adobe Acrobat Reader® 8
- Popup Blockers disabled
- Cookies enabled at medium-low security level
After downloading EPA’s Water and Wastewater All-Hazards Boot Camp Training Course:
- Extract the course zip file onto your desktop
- Disable popup blockers in Internet Explorer
- Launch the course by double-clicking on Launch.exe in the “Water and Wastewater All-Hazards Boot Camp” course folder (keep the launch page window up in the background while actively taking the course)
- Click the “Launch the Boot Camp Training Course” link to access the Login screen
- Enter your full name and Operator Identification Number (OIN) or the last four digits of your social security number (if you do not have an OIN) – this will allow you to track your progress, return later to complete the course or allow multiple users to take the course on the same computer.
For other notes, please open the “readme.html” file in the unzipped folder.