Underground Injection Control (UIC)

Underground Injection Control in Region 10 (AK, ID, OR, and WA)

Map of EPA Region 10 states

On this page:

Public notices

None at this time.


In Region 10, EPA issues permits for Class I and Class V injection wells in Alaska and on tribal lands. Permitting authority for all other classes of injection wells has been delegated to the states, with oversight from EPA. See contact information below to find permitting contacts for delegated state programs. 

Register your Class V well

Fill out EPA Form 7520-16 (Inventory of Injection Wells) and mail or email your completed form to:

Derek Schruhl (schruhl.derek@epa.gov)
EPA Region 10 UIC Program
1200 Sixth Ave., Suite 900, OCE-101
Seattle, WA 98101

For help, contact Derek at 206-553-1146 or by email. 

Motor vehicle waste disposal wells

In Alaska and Indian country within Region 10, contact EPA if your facility has a motor vehicle waste disposal well so we can help you assess your underground waste disposal activity and coordinate closure activities as needed.

Contact information