Air Releases by Industry in the 2015 TRI National Analysis
See Other Graphics in this Section
This pie chart shows the industry sectors that reported the greatest releases of toxic chemicals to air in 2015.
- Chemicals, paper, and the electric utility industry sectors accounted for the greatest releases to air in 2015. Together, these three industries contributed almost two-thirds of total air releases.
- Air releases in these three industries have decreased since 2014:
- Chemicals: 4% decrease (6.8 million pounds)
- Paper: 4% decrease (6.3 million pounds)
- Electric utilities: 27% decrease (49.7 million pounds)
This page was published in January 2017 and uses the 2015 TRI National Analysis dataset made public in TRI Explorer in October 2016.