The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 9, invites Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP) grant proposals from federally recognized tribal governments and eligible intertribal consortia for FY2018 work plan program development activities. The goal of the GAP is to assist tribes in developing the capacity to plan and establish environmental protection programs and to develop and implement solid and hazardous waste programs in accordance with their individual needs.
GAP is guided by the Guidance on the Award and Management of General Assistance Agreements for Tribes and Inter-tribal Consortia.
For more information regarding the administration of GAP in Region 9, see the GAP Officers contact list.
- Important Dates
- Important Information
- FY2017 EPA Region 9 GAP Notification with Attachments
The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Number for the GAP is 66.926
- Funding announcment posted to Tribal Program website: October 6, 2016
- Grant proposals must be submitted in GAP Online by: December 1, 2016
- Guidance Letters with approved funding amounts and workplan comments mailed to applicants beginning: January 19, 2017
- Full Applications with Revised Work plans are due on or after (or as stated in the Region 9 Guidance Letter): February 23, 2017**
- Grant Awards will be made not later than: September 30, 2017
** Funding is jeopardized if materials are received after assigned due dates.
GAP Project Officer Contact List: We’ve had some staff changes since last year’s GAP Notification, so please note the updated Tribal Section GAP Project Officer Contact List.
- User Guides for the Indian General Assistance Program (GAP) Online
- Guidance on the Award and Management of General Assistance Agreements for Tribes and Inter-tribal Consortia
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
FY2017 General Assistance Program (GAP) Grant Funding Announcement (WITH Tribal Section Project Officer List) (PDF)(29 pp, 1 MB,
Fiscal Year 2017 funding announcement for Indian Environmental General Assistance Grant in EPA Region 9, Pacific Southwest