Understanding State Greenhouse Gas and Electricity Profiles
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more
Understanding past greenhouse gas emissions and electricity supply and demand can help states create a forecast of what electricity supply and demand and emissions is expected to look like in the absence of additional policies. This forecast helps states understand how their electricity and emissions patterns are expected to change and provides a baseline to measure against when they are analyzing and implementing policies.
- Examine past estimates of state energy-related emissions to understand trends.
- Learn more about state data reported to EPA's Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- Develop a detailed forecast of energy supply and demand
- Develop a statewide greenhouse gas inventory and projection to quantify your state's emissions and set a baseline for future reductions.
- Review a sampling of statewide greenhouse gas inventories:
- Nevada (PDF) (79 pp, 3.0 MB)
- New Mexico (PDF) (61 pp, 206 KB)
- New York