SmartWay Logistics Company Partner Tools and Resources
This page contains the tools, guidance, and best practice information you need to get the most out of the SmartWay Program as a registered SmartWay Logistics Company.
If you are responsible for annual updates and fleet improvement strategies, bookmark this page for your convenience. All SmartWay Logistics Company information will be updated on this page.
What would you like to do?
SmartWay Logistics Companies measure, benchmark, and improve their performance on an annual basis. Logistics company performance is based on evaluating how much of the freight your company ships is carried by benchmarked SmartWay Carriers versus non-SmartWay Carriers.
You must submit a completed and accurate SmartWay Logistics Company Tool to EPA by the due date listed on this page to be a SmartWay Logistics Company in good standing and to be eligible for partner recognition.
Logistics Company Tool and Example Tool
The tool contains screen demos and guidance on each page to help you complete and submit your tool. This tab also contains additional guidance with worksheets to help you collect your data for tool submission.
- Logistics Tool (XLS)(1 pg, 9 MB) Save this file to your computer before opening.
- An example of the Logistics Tool (XLS)(1 pg, 9 MB) Save this file to your computer before opening.
Logistics Company Tool User Guides
Use these guides to understand the tool data entry and submission process. Note that the data worksheets are available in the appendices of the Quick Start Guide and are no longer listed as stand-alone documents.
- Logistics Company Partner 2.0.15 Tool: Quick Start Guide 2015 Data Year - United States Version Please review before downloading and using the tool.
- Logistics Company Partner 2.0.15 Tool: Data Entry and Troubleshooting Guide 2015 Data Year - United States Version
- Logistics, Multimodal, and Shipper Partner 2.0.15 Tools: Guide to Importing Carrier Data Using the Outside Data Import Function 2015 Data Year - United States Version
- Logistics Company Carrier Partner 2.0.15 Tool: Technical Documentation 2015 Data Year - United States Version
Submitting Your Logistics Company Tool to EPA
Once you have completed your Logistics Company Tool for this year, there are two steps to submitting it for evaluation by EPA:
Step 1) Save it to your computer in a place you will remember. When you save, you will generate two files—both an .xls file and an .xml file.
Step 2) Email both files to your Partner Account Manager. If you do not know who your Partner Account Manager is, you can submit your two files via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation.
SmartWay Logistics Companies improve their overall performance by using more and better SmartWay Carriers to move their freight. All SmartWay Carrier Partners are ranked by their performance levels. EPA provides a table with all carriers' relative performance rankings to help SmartWay Logistics Companies and Logistics Company Partners quickly assess the performance of prospective and current carriers in various categories.
- Learn more about SmartWay Carrier Ranking Data
- The performance ranking files are refreshed every Monday afternoon. (For reference purposes only)
You can also view detailed reports and other information about partner performance via the SmartWay Portal.
EPA provides webinars and other training opportunities to help carriers learn how to get more value from the SmartWay Program.
EPA regularly schedules webinars on using the SmartWay tools, unlocking the value of the data, and learning how to improve your fleet's performance.
Optimizing operational efficiency of your carriers while providing reliable, cost-effective logistics solutions to your customers is key to improving your performance as a SmartWay Logistics Company. The best source for the most up-to-date information about these strategies is your professional associations.
Professional Association Links
- The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Exit provides education, research, connections, and professional growth for supply chain professionals.
EPA encourages SmartWay Partners to share their achievements and participation in the SmartWay program with their customers, clients, stakeholders, and stockholders. There are several ways Partners highlight achievements:
Best Practice Guidance: Read this page for guidance on how to communicate your participation in the Partnership.
Feature Partner Profiles: EPA frequently develops profiles of SmartWay Partners that provide examples of effective freight supply chain sustainability measures.
- If you have a strategy, policy, or solution to a significant freight sustainability challenge that you would like to share with your industry, email your interest (email@example.com) with the subject line "Interested in becoming a Featured Partner" to be considered.