Steps For Replacing a Lost Section 608 Technician Certification Card
This page provides information to Section 608 certified technicians on how to replace a lost certification card.
- Is your testing organization that issued your certification still in business? Check the list of certifying organizations that are still operating.
- If yes, contact that organization and get a replacement card. The organization is required to maintain records of cards it issues.
- If no, go to Step 2.
- Do you have documentation from your original testing organization that demonstrates successful completion of the Section 608 technician certification exam? Do you or a current or former employer have a copy of your lost card?
- If yes, send a copy of your documentation to one of the organizations identified in the box below. The organization will issue you a new card and maintain a record of your certification.
- If no, go to Step 3.
Certifying Organizations That Will Replace Cards
1350 W. Norhwest Highway, Suite 205
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Ferris State University
605 South Warren Avenue
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Refrigeration Environmental Protection Association (REPA)
348 Thomson Creek Road, Suite 303
Stevensville, MD 21666
(800) 435-3331; Fax: (410) 827-4484
- Did you receive your certification from an organization that has gone out of business? Review to the list of certifying organizations that have closed.
- If yes, download and complete the Assistance with Obtaining a Replacement Card Form. After completing the form mail or fax it to EPA (submission instructions are included in the form). Once it is received, you will receive information on how to obtain a replacement card.
- If no, go to Step 4.
- If you cannot answer “yes” to any of the steps above, neither EPA nor a certified testing organization will be able to issue a replacement card. You will need to retake the Section 608 certification test. Please go to the Section 608 Technician Certification programs page to find testing organizations which meet your needs.