In Case of Pesticide Emergency

If someone has swallowed or inhaled a pesticide or gotten it in the eye or on the skin:

  • Call 911 if the person is unconscious, having trouble breathing, or having convulsions.
  • Check the label for directions on how to give first aid.
  • Call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222 for help with first aid information.
  • The National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) (1-800-858-7378) also can provide information about pesticide products and their toxicity.Exit
  • EPA's publication, Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisoning provides information about symptoms caused by poisoning with specific pesticides and treatment information.

Also, have available the EPA registration number of the product involved.  This number can be found on the product label. See more about the contents of a pesticide product label.