Asbestos Small Business Ombudsman
The Asbestos Small Business Ombudsman (ASBO) serves as a conduit for small businesses to access EPA and facilitates communications between the small business community and the Agency. The ASBO advocates for small business issues, partners with state Small Business Environmental Assistance Programs (SBEAPs), EPA Regional Small Business Liaisons (RSBLs) trade associations, EPA headquarters and regional offices, the Small Business Administration (SBA) and other federal agencies to reach out to the small business community.
Specific ASBO services include:
- Liaison between EPA and the small business community
- Advocate for small business during the EPA rulemaking process
- Provide technical assistance to small businesses
- Support national network of Small Business Environmental Assistance Programs (SBEAPs) - National SBEAP Website
- Operating a toll free hotline for the convenience of small businesses and the general public, seeking free, confidential help as it relates to a variety of environmental regulatory topics. The toll-free hotline number is: (800) 368-5888 or (202) 566-1970 (in DC area).
Additional ASBO resources include:
- 20 Years of Success in Helping Small Business, March 2012 Anniversary Report
- 2011-2012 Status of State and Territory Small Business Compliance Assistance Programs – 507 Clean Air Act Program
Joan B. Rogers, Deputy Director
EPA Small Business Ombudsman
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20460
Mail Code: 1230T