Sustainability Research Grants
Sustainability is a guiding influence for all of EPA research areas. It is based on a simple principle: Everything that we need for our survival and well-being depends, either directly or indirectly, on our natural environment. To pursue sustainability is to create and maintain the conditions under which humans and nature can exist in productive harmony to support present and future generations.
Sustainability research grants support the research and development a variety of methods, tools, guidance and programs that further the application of sustainability within decision-making.
Sustainability Research Funding Opportunities:
The following Request for Applications (RFA) is currently open.
- 14th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet
Open: Dec. 5, 2016 - Close: Feb. 3, 2017
All forms necessary for completing an application are referenced in the RFA and available to download online. Funding Opportunities: How to Apply and Required Forms
Recent Sustainability Research Grants:
These sustainability research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past five years.
- National Center for Sustainable Water Infrastructure Modeling Research
- Performance and Effectiveness of Green Infrastructure Stormwater Management Approaches in the Urban Context: A Philadelphia Case Study
- Sustainable Chesapeake: A Community-Based Approach to Stormwater Management Using Green Infrastructure
- Sustainable Chesapeake: a Collaborative Approach to Urban Stormwater Management
Sustainability research grants are also awarded through the People, Prosperity and the Planet (P3) program. P3 is a unique college competition for designing solutions for a sustainable future. Learn more about the P3 program.
For a complete listing of EPA Sustainability Research Grants: Sustainability Research Projects
Recent Funding Opportunities:
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
- 13th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s National Center for Environmental Research listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv