Ecosystems Research Grants
EPA funds ecosystems research grants to protect ecosystems and the air and water resources that provide numerous benefits for humans and other living things.
Areas of ecosystems research address:
- how air pollution may effect ecosystems;
- protection of natural water resources, including bodies of water as well as their supporting watersheds;
- development of new strategies for managing watersheds and wastewater while reducing water-related energy demands; and
- establishing innovative solutions to address the problem of nutrient pollution in the Nation’s air, water and land.
Recent Ecosystems Research Grants:
These ecosystems research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past five years.
- Human and Ecological Health Impacts Associated with Water Reuse and Conservation Practices
- Systems-Based Research for Evaluating Ecological Impacts of Manufactured Chemicals
- Developing High-Throughput Assays for Predictive Modeling of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicity Modulated Through the Endocrine System or Pertinent Pathways in Humans and Species Relevant to Ecological Risk Assessment
- Environmental Impact and Mitigation of Oil Spills
For a complete listing of EPA Ecosystems Research Grants: Ecosystems Research Projects.
Recent Funding Opportunities
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s National Center for Environmental Research listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv