Air Research Grants
EPA supports air pollution research through research grants in three broad areas:
- Measuring air pollution exposure and effects in humans and ecosystems.
- Delivering innovative tools and technologies to reduce and prevent harmful emissions.
- Delivering modeling, monitoring, measurement metrics and critical science information to make decisions regarding air quality to protect public health and the environment.
Air Research Funding Opportunities:
The following Request for Applications (RFA) is currently open.
- Anticipating the Environmental Impacts and Behavioral Drivers of Deep Decarbonization
Open: Nov. 10, 2016 - Close: Feb. 10, 2017
All forms necessary for completing an application are referenced in the RFA and available to download online. Funding Opportunities: How to Apply and Required Forms
Recent Air Research Grants
These air research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past five years.
- Air Pollution Monitoring for Communities
- Air, Climate and Energy (ACE) Centers: Science Supporting Solutions
- Particulate Matter and Related Pollutants in a Changing World
- Indoor Air and Climate Change
- Anthropogenic Influences on Organic Aerosol Formation and Regional Climate Implications
- Measurements and Modeling for Quantifying Air Quality and Climatic Impacts of Residential Biomass or Coal Combustion for Cooking, Heating, and Lighting
- Developing the Next Generation of Air Quality Measurement Technology
- Dynamic Air Quality Management
- Extreme Event Impacts on Air Quality and Water Quality with a Changing Global Climate
- Source Attribution of Radiative Forcing in Chemical Transport
- Black Carbon's Role In Global To Local Scale Climate And Air Quality
- Exploring New Air Pollution Health Effects Links in Existing Datasets
- Health Effects Institute
- Clean Air Research Centers
For a complete listing of EPA Air Research Grants: Air Research Projects.
Recent Funding Opportunities
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s National Center for Environmental Research listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv