Final Rule for Control of Emissions From Nonroad Spark-Ignition Engines and Equipment
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is establishing new requirements to reduce emissions of hydrocarbon (HC) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) from nonroad small spark-ignited engines below 19kW (“Small SI engines”) and marine spark-ignited engines (“Marine SI engines”). This rule includes exhaust and evaporative emission standards for these engines as well as related gasoline fuel tanks and fuel lines. This final rule also includes a wide range of amendments to other highway and nonroad programs.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Final Rule (PDF)(348 pp, 3.7 MB, published October 8, 2008)
- Final Regulatory Impact Analysis (PDF)(808 pp, 7.13 MB, EPA-420-R-08-014, published September 2008)
- Summary and Analysis of Comments (PDF)(480 pp, 2.27 MB, EPA-420-R-08-016, published September 2008)
- New Phase 3 Engine Standards Affecting Retailers and Importers of Lawn and Garden Equipment (PDF)(4 pp, 373K, EPA-420-F-09-031, August 2009)
- EPA Finalizes Emission Standards for New Nonroad Spark-Ignition Engines, Equipment, and Vessels (PDF)(5 pp, 190 K, EPA-420-F-08-013, September 2008)