Training and Education for Applicators on Spray Drift Management
We support and encourage private and commercial pesticide applicators to take continual education and training on spray drift management. We:
- Provide annual funds to states for pesticide applicator training programs, many of which include educational material on drift management.
- Support the development of the National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual, Exitwhich contains a module on minimizing pesticide drift.
- Provide funds to the National Agricultural Aviation Association’s Professional Aerial Applicators' Support System (PAASS) Exit for their training and education programs to reduce drift incidents. The PAASS’ educational programs enhance the commercial aerial applicator profession by:
- improving the understanding of human factors,
- refining critical aeronautical decision-making skills, and
- promoting positive behavioral change.