Pesticide Product Label System (PPLS): More Information
The current version of the Pesticide Product Label System (PPLS) allows you to search by:
- Product or Active Alternative Brand Name.
- Chemical Name (Active Ingredients).
- Company Name.
- EPA Registration, Distributor Product, or Special Local Need Number.
We have converted our collection of over 170,000 current and historical labels to text-searchable PDF files. In addition, you can view the history of products that have been transferred from one company to another.
This web page is intended for the webmaster or application developer that may want to provide a link directly to specific pesticide label information in PPLS.
The URL to the PPLS Application
Please use https://iaspub.epa.gov/apex/pesticides/f?p=PPLS:1 to access PPLS.
Additional Conditions and Features
To open a label directly, please use the following URL format:
PDF labels use the following file naming convention:
- [COMPANY_NUMBER]-[PRODUCT_NUMBER]-[STAMPED_DATE].pdf (lowercase)
- COMPANY_NUMBER = six (6) digit company number part of registration number; use leading zeros so that field is 6 digits.
- PRODUCT_NUMBER = five (5) digit product number part of registration number; use leading zeros.
- STAMPED_DATE = date of label stamped using 4-digit year (yyyymmdd); use leading zeros for month and day.
To retrieve labels using the EPA Registration Number, please use the following URL format:
Where <RI_NUM> refers to the EPA Reg. No. (i.e. 100-60, 666551-1, etc.)
To retrieve product information using the Application Program Interface (API):
- COMPANY_NUMBER = six (6) digit company number part of registration number
- PRODUCT_NUMBER = five (5) digit product number part of registration number.
Updated PPLS Report Listing
For Assistance or Questions
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact Mark Heflin (firstname.lastname@example.org).