Environmental Information for Pennsylvania
Air in Pennsylvania
- Approved Air State Implementation Plans for Pennsylvania - State Implementation Plans (SIPs) for air quality approved by EPA for Pennsylvania.
- Clean Air Act Permitting in Pennsylvania
- East Liverpool, Ohio and Glasgow Borough, Pennsylvania– Air Monitoring Data
- Fact Sheet on the Clean Power Plan for Pennsylvania (PDF) (2 pp, 238 K, About PDF)
- Find Local Indoor Air Quality Champions in Pennsylvania
- Mercury and Air Toxics Standards in Pennsylvania
- MyAir for Pennsylvania - MyAir shows many different kinds of air data for Pennsylvania.
- Near-real-time radiation data from monitors located in Pennsylvania.
- Status of SIP Requirements for Designated Areas in Pennsylvania - Information about the status of SIP (State Implementation Plans) requirements for designated areas in the state not meeting one of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
- Status of State SIP Infrastructure Requirements for Pennsylvania - Information about the status of SIP (State Implementation Plan) submittals and EPA actions on the submittals to meet the SIP infrastructure requirements for each pollutant.
- View Current and Forecast Air Quality Index - Real-time map of today's air quality forecast in Pennsylvania on AirNow.gov.
Air in the Mid-Atlantic
- Clean Air Act Permitting in EPA's Mid-Atlantic Region
- Community Air Monitoring Where You Live in EPA Region 3
- Mid-Atlantic Radon Measurements Map
- Region 3 Radon Zones Map
- Status of Region 3 Title V Operating Permit Programs
- Title V Evaluations in Region 3 - Information about good practices implemented by the state/local agency, areas needing improvement within the state/local program, and ways in which EPA can improve its own oversight role of Title V.
- Title V Operating Permit Public Petition Deadlines - Shows Title V permits submitted to EPA and undergoing EPA’s 45-day review. It also shows dates for the public’s 60-day petition period following EPA’s review.
Water in Pennsylvania
- Annual Drinking Water Quality Reports for Pennsylvania - These reports from your water supplier tell you where your water comes from and what’s in it.
- Dimock Residential Groundwater Site - Information about groundwater at Dimock, Pennsylvania released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Greater Philadelphia Area/Delaware River Watershed (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware)
- Lake Erie
- MyWater for Pennsylvania - MyWater shows many different kinds of water data for Pennsylvania.
- Nonpoint Source Success Stories: Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Protects Coldwater Fisheries and Water Quality from Climate Change
- Presque Isle Bay Area of Concern - Under the U.S. – Canada Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement an ‘Area of Concern’ is a location where that has experienced environmental degradation.
- Stories of Progress in Achieving Healthy Waters in Pennsylvania
- Surf Your Watershed - Pennsylvania
- Water Quality Standards Regulations: Pennsylvania
Water in the Mid-Atlantic
- Chesapeake Bay TMDL
- Climate Ready Estuaries Partner Projects in Region 3
- Find Information about Your Beach
- Fish Advisories Where You Live / Search - Search for fish advisories by entering a state or waterbody name.
- Healthy Watersheds Projects in Region 3
- Impaired Waters and TMDLs in Region 3
- Managing Ocean Dumping in EPA Region 3
- Natural Gas Extraction - Hydraulic Fracturing
- Oil and Gas Extraction in the Mid-Atlantic
- Region 3 Actions to Address Climate Change Impacts on Water
- Restoration of the Chesapeake Bay
- Underground Injection Control in EPA Region 3 (DE, DC, MD, PA, VA, and WV)
Cleanups in Pennsylvania
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Sites in Pennsylvania
- Environmental Concerns of Communities around Ambler, Pennsylvania
- Federal Facilities on the National Priorities List (NPL) in Pennsylvania
- List of all cleanups in Pennsylvania
- List of Superfund Sites in Pennsylvania
- Map of all cleanups in Pennsylvania
- MyLand for Pennsylvania - MyLand provides links to information about Brownfields, Superfund, Hazardous Waste and Cleanups in Pennsylvania.
- Sites in Reuse in Pennsylvania
Cleanups in the Mid-Atlantic
Other in Pennsylvania
- 2014 TRI Factsheet: State - Pennsylvania - The Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) tracks the management of certain toxic chemicals that may pose a threat to human health and the environment.
- Agency in Pennsylvania that regulates pesticides Exit
- Compliance Dashboards for Pennsylvania. The Dashboards provide an easy-to-use summary of activities to answer questions like: which facilities are regulated, how many have been inspected or otherwise evaluated, and how many have alleged violations and have been subject to enforcement.
- MyClimate for Pennsylvania - MyClimate shows greenhouse gas emissions by sector and other kinds of climate data for Pennsylvania.
- MyCommunity for Pennsylvania - MyCommunity shows local environmental events, green features, shout-outs and other local information for Pennsylvania.
- MyEnergy for Pennsylvania - MyEnergy shows energy consumption, production, facilities, information about saving energy, green power and other energy information in Pennsylvania.
- MyEnvironmentalReports for Pennsylvania - MyEnvironmentalReports provides links to in-depth environmental reports in Pennsylvania.
- MyHealth for Pennsylvania - MyHealth provides health-related information for Pennsylvania.
- MyMaps for Pennsylvania - MyMaps provides an online map to show many kinds of environmental data using several different options for Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania State Review Framework - The State Review Framework is used to assess EPA and state enforcement of the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Philadelphia Flower Show
- Profiles of Environmental Education Grants Awarded to Organizations in Pennsylvania
- What Climate Change Means for Pennsylvania (PDF)(2 pp, 1.7 MB, About PDF) - Fact sheet on climate change in Pennsylvania.
Other in the Mid-Atlantic
- Envirofacts Multisystem Search - The Envirofacts Multisystem Search allows you to search multiple environmental databases for facility information, including toxic chemical releases, water discharge permit compliance, hazardous waste handling processes, Superfund status, and air emission estimates. You may limit your search to a geographic location such as zip code, city, county or state.
- Environmental Education Grants Awarded in Region 3
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Database - The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Database provides information about EISs prepared by federal agencies, as well as EPA's comments concerning the EISs. You may search for EISs in your state from this page.
- Environmental Justice in Your Community
- Grants for your Region: Information that is specific to EPA Region 3
- MyProperty - MyProperty provides a report on a specific property using its street address from multiple EPA databases.
- Region 3: Children’s Environmental Health in the Mid-Atlantic States
- Surface Coal Mining in Appalachia
- TRI Explorer - The Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) is a resource for learning about toxic chemical releases and pollution prevention activities reported by industrial and federal facilities. You can explore data and search for releases by geographic location.