EPA's Office of Inspector General
- Notification: Audit of FIFRA and PRIA Funds Management
- Notification: FY 2017 Update of Proposed Key Management Challenges and Internal Control Weaknesses Confronting the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
- Notification: Audit of IT Security for Servers Hosting Data Pursuant to the FIFRA and PRIA Acts
- Report and Podcast: Congressionally Requested Audit - EPA Needs to Improve Processes for Preserving Text Messages as Federal Records
- Notification: CIGIE Purchase Card Cross-Cutting Project
- Report: FY 2017 Annual Plan for the EPA and CSB
- Public Job Openings in the EPA's Office of Inspector General
What is the EPA OIG?
- We are an independent office within EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner.
- We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of EPA and its contractors, to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.
OIG Independence of EPA
The EPA's Office of Inspector General is a part of EPA, although Congress provides our funding separate from the agency, to ensure our independence. We were created pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended Exit.
- File an OIG Hotline Complaint
- Subscribe to the OIG
- Contact the OIG
- FOIA Requests
- OIG on Twitter