Greener Living Resources
Our actions impact the environment. Each thing we do can help or hurt our planet in many ways. EPA has tools to help you learn and understand the issues and help you reduce your environmental footprint. Learn more at EPA's Sustainability site.
Back to Learn About Greener Living.
Tips for engaging in green practices around the home.
- Climate Change: What You Can Do: At Home
- Green Homes & Energy Star - Green building means improving the way that homes and homebuilding sites use energy, water, and materials to reduce impacts on human health and the environment. An Energy Star certified home is a great place to start.
- Homeowners' Tips for Reducing Holiday Waste
- Clean Energy - Reducing the environmental impacts of your energy use is easy and can be done by making good energy decisions.
- How Clean is the Electricity I Use? Power Profiler
- Water-Smart Landscape Design
- Waste: What You Can Do: At Home and in the Garden
- Water Use and Water Efficiency
- Clean School Bus - An innovative national program designed to help communities reduce emissions from older diesel school buses.
- Climate Change: What You Can Do: At School
- Energy Star for Schools
- Managing Pests in Schools
- Wastes: What You Can Do: At School
- Water Conservation Tips for Schools
- Bring Your Green to Work - Did you know that the energy used by a building to support just one office worker for a day causes more than twice as many greenhouse gas emissions as that worker’s drive to and from work?
- Climate Change: What You Can Do: At the Office
- Planning Environmentally Aware Events
- Wastes: What You Can Do: At Work
Green communities have a healthy environment, a vibrant economy and a high quality of life.
- Act Locally - Find opportunities to get involved and make a difference in your community.
- Green Power Locator
- Greening America's Communities - An EPA program to help cities and towns develop an implementable vision of environmentally friendly neighborhoods that incorporate innovative green infrastructure and other sustainable design strategies.
- Green Sports
- Making Smart Growth Happen
- Waste: What You Can Do: In the Community
How you travel has a big impact on the environment.
- Climate Change: What You Can Do: On the Road
- Green Vehicle Guide - Provides consumers with information on vehicle emissions, advanced technology vehicles, and alternative fuels – plus infographics, calculators, videos, and the ability to search for SmartWay certified cars and trucks.
- Fuel Economy Guide
- Commute AlternativesExit - Biking or walking to work can improve your health, save money on transportation or fuel, and help you protect the environment.
Educating yourself about the products you buy can empower you to choose products that have less impact on the environment.
- Safer Choice: EPA's Safer Choice label helps consumers, businesses, and institutional buyers identify cleaning and other products that perform well, are cost-effective, and are safer for the environment.
- Greener Products
- Find ENERGY STAR Products
- WaterSense Products
- Think Green Before You Shop