Tuesday, July 15, 2014
1:00-2:00 p.m. (EDT)
EPA's Green Power Partnership (GPP)
On Tuesday, July 15, 2014, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (EDT), EPA's GPP hosted a webinar titled "Supply Chain Sustainability and Green Power Use."
The session focused on supply chain sustainability efforts, including ways to engage suppliers to use green power. Carbon management within the supply chain is becoming essential to an organization's overall carbon reduction strategy, and encouraging suppliers to use green power for their own operations can lead to impressive results. For companies and organizations looking to take the next step in their green power strategies, supply chain engagement can be an excellent way to achieve substantial environmental benefits.
This webinar featured EPA Green Power Partners Clif Bar & Company and Steelcase, Inc. Webinar participants learned about:
- Embarking on a supply chain sustainability program, including who should be involved and potential challenges when starting one.
- Establishing responsible sourcing goals, as well as practices and policies to communicate a company's values and expectations for suppliers.
- Getting management on board.
- Engaging your supply chain and encouraging the use of green power.
- Measuring results of supply chain efforts, including waste, cost and impact reductions, as well as supplier feedback.
Speaker PresentationsYou will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.