Wednesday, May 6, 2015
1:00-2:15 p.m. (EDT)
EPA's Green Power Partnership (GPP)
On Wednesday, May 6, 2015, from 1:00 to 2:15 p.m. (EDT), EPA's GPP, in collaboration with the Green Schools Alliance (GSA) Exit, hosted a webinar examining renewable energy procurement at K-12 schools. The webinar focused on the GSA's Renewable Energy Consortium for Schools Exit, a group of K-12 schools that joined together to collectively purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) for their facilities. Prospective schools will have an opportunity to participate in an anticipated second-round REC procurement.
During the webinar, EPA staff addressed prevailing questions that schools have about purchasing renewable energy, such as:
- What are RECs? How do they work?
- How do RECs help the environment?
- How can my school earn EPA recognition?
- Why will purchasing RECs through the GSA Consortium help my school?
Speakers and Presentation
- Christopher Kent, EPA's GPP
- Steve Lux, Co-Chair, GSA's Renewable Energy Consortium for Schools
- Presentation (PDF)(29 pp, 2 MB)