Identifying Greener Meetings and Conferences
Environmental Attributes to Consider
- Efficient transportation routes
- Energy and water conservation programs
- Mass transit-accessible location
- Recycling and waste minimization programs
Other factors to consider:
- Electronic distribution of materials
- Minimize travel distance for attendees
- Minimize packing and shipping materials, disposable products
- Online registration
- Recycle handouts and badges, signage, paper products
- Reusable badges, signage
- Reusable food serviceware
How to Buy
- Check out the Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines (CPG). Here are the recycled-content recommendations for procurement of conference and meeting supplies.
- Green Procurement Compilation. The Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) is a comprehensive green purchasing resource designed for federal contracting personnel and program managers. It helps you identify applicable green purchasing requirements.
Green Meetings Website
Information on greening meetings and conferences for meeting planners; suppliers of meeting services; meeting hosts who contract with meeting planners; and attendees of meetings.
GSA Advantage is the federal government's premier online shopping superstore giving you access to millions of commercial products and services available from GSA-negotiated contracts. Anyone may browse the site to view and compare the variety of products and services offered. Visit the Environmental Program Aisle search by environmental icons and limit your results to sustainable products.