The Tribal Green Building Toolkit (below) is an assessment tool, with tribal case studies, for identifying and prioritizing structures your community wants to build. It provides detailed information and code references on:
- Land Use
- Materials and Resource Conservation
- Human Health: Radon, Mold and other Hazardous Pollutants
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Water Access, Management and Sanitation
- Resilience and Adaptability
- Code Implementation and Compliance
- Updating, Adapting or Adopting Codes or Developing New Codes
Download the Tribal Green Building Toolkit
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Tribal Green Building Toolkit, 2015 (PDF)(167 pp, 6 MB,
05/18/2015, rev. 06/30/2016)
This Tribal Green Building Toolkit is designed to help tribal officials, community members, planners, developers, and architects develop and adopt building codes to support green building practices. Both tribes without building codes and with existing building codes can use this Toolkit.