On this page:
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Presidential Memorandum on the FOIA (January 21, 2009)
- Presidential Memorandum on Transparency and Open Government (January 21, 2009)
- Attorney General's Memorandum on FOIA(3 pp, 1.2 MB, About PDF) (March 19, 2009)
- Transparency in EPA's Operations memo from Lisa P. Jackson (April 23, 2009)
- Memo: Establishment of a New FOIA Requester Service Center and Public Liaison from Linda A. Travers (July 20, 2006)
EPA FOIA Guidance
- FOIA Request Process - How and where to make a FOIA Request, Time for Response, Fees
- Requesting Fee Waivers (April 21, 2009)
- Updated Guidance for Processing Agency FOIA Requests (2009)
General FOIA Guidance
- Guidelines for Chief FOIA Officer Reports to the Department of Justice Pursuant to Attorney General Holder's FOIA Guidelines (September 30, 2009)
- DOJ FOIA Guide (2009)
The "FOIA Guide" is an extensive discussion of the Act's exemptions and its procedural aspects that is prepared by the Department of Justice's Office of Information and Privacy.
- Text of the FOIA (as amended by the OPEN Government Act of 2007) (December 2007)
- A Citizen’s Guide to the FOIA Exit(2005)
A guide to both the Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act prepared by the House Committee on Government Reform.
EPA FOIA Regulations
- EPA's Privacy Program