E-Enterprise Combined Air Emissions Reporting (CAER)
The Combined Air Emissions Reporting (CAER) project seeks to streamline multiple emissions reporting processes. Currently, air emissions information is collected by the EPA and state, local or tribal air agencies through numerous separate regulations, in a variety of formats, according to different reporting schedules, and using multiple routes of data transfer. In the proposed future state, the CAER project is expected to reduce the cost to industry and government for providing and managing important environmental data and to improve decision-making capacity through more timely availability of data.
The goals of this project are as follows:
1. Reduce industry burden for point source reporting.
2. Improve timeliness and transparency of data.
3. Create consistent information across air emissions programs.
4. Improve data quality.
5. Improve accessibility and usability of data.
6. Support more timely decision-making
- Project Description
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Comment Board Exit
Combined Air Emissions Reporting Projects
Individual CAER projects are moving ahead in parallel. They are coordinated to iteratively move toward the proposed future state while checking in with stakeholders along the way.