Capacity Development Resources for States and Small Systems
Many organizations across the country provide technical and financial assistance to public water systems.
Many of the following links lead to non-federal sites Exit
- State Capacity Development Programs
Provides state-specific compliance assistance and training opportunities for small systems.
- Association of State Drinking Water Administrators (ASDWA)
Professional association serving state drinking water programs that have small systems as their principal audience or those with a separate small system focus.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development: Rural Utilities Service
- and loan guarantees
- drinking water
- sanitary sewer
- solid waste
- and storm drainage
- The American Water Works Association (AWWA)
Offers resources, workshops, and other assistance to public water systems.
- The National Rural Water Association (NRWA)
Supports state rural water associations in providing training programs and on-site assistance in areas such as water system operation and maintenance.
- The Rural Community Assistance Partnership (RCAP)
Offers training and technical assistance through six regional organizations for facilities development, management, finance, and planning.
- The National Environmental Services Center (NESC)
Composed of five organizations that provide assistance and training materials to support small system management and infrastructure security.
- Environmental Finance Centers (EFCs)
- local officials
- water systems
- and small bussinesses
- and training.
Supports water and wastewater operators with resources and information.