Climate Leadership Awards Application Process, Eligibility, and Evaluation Criteria
The 2017 Climate Leadership Awards application period was open from June 22 through September 26, 2016. Award applicants were notified of their status in December 2016. We look forward to seeing you at the Climate Leadership Conference March 1-3, 2017 in Chicago, IL!
Eligibility for 2017 Awards
Applicants for all categories of the Climate Leadership Awards program must meet the following criteria as well as any additional eligibility requirements specified within each category.
- Applicants must have significant operations in the United States. Given the global nature of climate change, the majority of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions do not have to occur in the U.S.
- Finalists needed to pass an EPA compliance screen in order to be selected.
- Leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2014 and September 26, 2016 and must be currently active.
- Goal Achievers, however, have one additional year to demonstrate an achieved GHG reduction goal. For the Goal Achievement category, leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2013 and September 26, 2016.
- The application period opened on June 22, 2016 and will close on September 26, 2016. Application forms are available on the corresponding category web pages for each category. Applicants are required to fill out the form specific to the awards category and submit it with the required supplemental information to email@example.com. Applicants are requested to review the step-by-step instructions on the category pages linked to below.
Evaluation Criteria and Applications
Evaluation criteria and applications differ by awards category. Please select from the following to learn more:
- Organizational Leadership Award
- Individual Leadership Award
- Supply Chain Leadership Award
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award)
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate)
- Innovative Partnership Certificate
Applications are reviewed by EPA, C2ES, and TCR in collaboration with independent committees of recognized experts. EPA submits all applicants to a compliance review to ensure they are in good standing with EPA. Award recipients will be recognized at the Climate Leadership Awards Dinner, held in conjunction with the sixth annual Climate Leadership Conference, March 1-3, 2017 in Chicago, IL.