January 11, 2017 – Following a process outlined in the Clean Air Act and after careful review, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is denying most of the petitions for reconsideration and all of the petitions for administrative stay the agency received on the Clean Power Plan. Over the past year, EPA considered the variety of technical and legal issues that petitioners raised and has determined that the petitions failed to satisfy one or both of the legal conditions necessary to grant reconsideration.
- Notice: Denial of Reconsideration and Administrative Stay of the Clean Power Plan (PDF) (3 pp, 198 K, About PDF) - Federal Register - January 17, 2017
- Basis for Denial of Petitions to Reconsider and Petitions to Stay the Clean Power Plan (PDF)(266 pp, 2 MB)
- Appendix 1 — States’ Progress and Trends (PDF)(26 pp, 327 K)
- Appendix 2 — Power Sector Trends (PDF)(82 pp, 1 MB)
- Appendix 3 — Non-BSER CPP Flexibilities (PDF)(26 pp, 1 MB)
- Appendix 4 — Climate Science Update (PDF)(6 pp, 55 K)