Citizen Science for Environmental Protection
Citizen science covers a suite of innovative tools to engage with the public to apply their curiosity and contribute their talents to science and technology. Citizen scientists can provide information that would not otherwise be available due to time, geographic, or resource constraints. Learn about EPA work in citizen science and find out about environmental citizen science projects.
- Discover environmental citizen science projects in your community Exit
- Interested in collecting data about an environmental concern in your community?
- Find a Village Green Bench near you
Citizen Science at EPA
- Find citizen science projects supported by EPA
- Learn more about how EPA is integrating citizen science
- Explore EPA's Air Sensors Toolbox for Citizen Scientists
- Learn about EPA's Air Pollution Monitoring for Communities Grants
- Discover how volunteer monitoring can protect wetlands
- Find resources on volunteer monitoring