Toxicity ForeCaster (ToxCast™) Data
EPA's most updated, publicly available high-throughput toxicity data on thousands of chemicals. This data is generated through the EPA's ToxCast resesarch effort. ToxCast is part of the Toxicology in the 21st Century (Tox21) federal collaboration. All data is available for download and includes the following data sets. The release date and version names for the data sets are provided in the table below.
As part of EPA’s commitment to share data, all of the computational toxicology data is publicly available for anyone to access and use. EPA's computational toxicology data is considered "open data", and thus all of the data below are free of all copyright restrictions, and fully and freely available for both non-commercial and commercial use.
- ToxCast & Tox21 Chemicals: A list of all chemicals screened, along with descriptions.
- ToxCast & Tox21 High-throughput Assays: Information about the hundreds of assays used to screen the chemicals.
- ToxCast & Tox21 Summary Data: Summary hit calls for all chemicals and concentration response curves for all assays.
- MySQL Database: Downloadable database that provides access to EPA's analysis of the ToxCast and Tox21 high-throughput screening data.
- R Package: The computer programming package used to process and model all EPA ToxCast and Tox21 chemical screening data.
- Data Spreadsheet: Spreadsheet that provides access to EPA's analysis of the ToxCast and Tox21 high-throughput screening data.
- Concentration Response Curves: Concentration response curves for all ToxCast & Tox21 assays.
- Collaborative Estrogen Receptor Activity Prediction Project Data: Data and supplemental files from CERAPP, a large-scale modeling project.
- High-throughput screening data for estrogen receptor model: Data used to develop the estrogen receptor model being used by EPA's Endocrine Disruption Screening Program.
- Data from Animal Toxicity Studies: Effect and endpoint data from hundreds of animal toxicity studies.
- Previously Released Data: Data from previous ToxCast data releases.
|ToxCast & Tox21 Chemicals Distributed Structure-Searchable Toxicity Database (DSSTox files)
|Chemical details for 8,599 unique substances (GSIDs) and DSSTox standard chemical fields (chemical name, CASRN, structure, etc.) for EPA ToxCast chemicals and the larger Tox21 chemical list. Also includes chemical mapping files and quality control grades for chemicals.
|ToxCast & Tox21 high-throughput assay information
|ToxCast high-throughput assay information including assay annotation user guide, assay target information, study design information and quality statistics on the assays.
|Standard Laboratory Protocol for Tox21 Assays
|Data describing the standard laboratory protocol for Tox21 assays including descriptions of Tox21 assays, protocol for all assays (reference, quality control, procedures and performance) and assay data.
|Download Standard Laboratory Protocol for Tox21 Assays
|ToxCast & Tox21 Summary Files
|Data for a single chemical endpoint pair for thousands of chemicals and 821 assay endpoints for 20 variables such as the activity or hit call, activity concentrations, whether the chemical was tested in a specific assay, etc.
|Download ToxCast Summary Information
|A downloadable database that provides users access to all ToxCast and Tox21 high-throughput in vitro data. The downloadable ToxCast Data Pipeline Overview file provides a summary of how EPA processes and analyzes ToxCast data.
|The R computer programming package used to process and model all EPA ToxCast and Tox21 chemical screening data. The files include the R programming package as well as documents that provide overviews of the data analysis pipeline used and the R package. Users will need experience with R to use these files.
|Download from GitHub
|ToxCast & Tox21 Data Spreadsheet
|A spreadsheet of EPA's analysis of the chemicals screened through ToxCast and the Tox21 collaboration which includes EPA's activity calls from the screening of over 8,000 chemicals.
|ToxCast & Tox21 Concentration Response Plots
|Concentration response plots for all of the ToxCast and Tox21 assays.
|Download Concentration Response Plots
|Collaborative Estrogen Receptor Activity Prediction Project Data
|Data and supplemental files from CERAPP (A large-scale modeling project) which demonstrated the efficacy of using predictive computational models trained on high-throughput screening data to evaluate thousands of chemicals for estrogen-related activity. CERAPP combined multiple models developed in collaboration with 17 groups in the United States and Europe to predict ER activity of a common set of 32,464 chemical structures. Quantitative structure-activity relationship models and docking approaches were employed, to build a total of 40 categorical and 8 continuous models for binding, agonist, and antagonist ER activity.
|Download Supplemental Files and Data
|High-throughput screening data for estrogen receptor model
|Estrogen receptor model data from the manuscript titled Integrated Model of Chemical Perturbations of Biological Pathways Using 18 In Vitro High-throughput Screening Assays for the Estrogen Receptor (Judson et al) published in Toxicological Science.
|Animal Toxicity Studies: Effects and Endpoints (Toxicity Reference Database - ToxRefDB files)
Provides results from across the thousands of animal toxicity studies:
|Previously Published ToxCast Data
|Data files from previously published ToxCast data releases. We DO NOT recommend using this data for new analyses, but are providing these files in case users need them for ongoing analyses.
|Download Previously Published ToxCast Data
General citation suggestion
USEPA. Data download year. Data set name from database version. Retrieved from http://www2.epa.gov/chemical-research/toxicity-forecaster-toxcasttm-data on date retrieved. Data release date.
USEPA. 2015. ToxCast & Tox21 Summary Files from invitrodb_v2. Retrieved from http://www2.epa.gov/chemical-research/toxicity-forecaster-toxcasttm-data on October 28, 2015. Data released October 2015.