Asthma Action Plan
A written asthma action plan encourages self-management of asthma. Plans include:
- a list of the person's triggers and how to avoid them
- instructions for taking asthma medicine
- information on what to do during an asthma episode
- instructions on when to call a doctor
- emergency telephone numbers.
Action plans should be updated at least once a year. Talk to your doctor to find the Exitbest plan that works for you.
Below are a few examples of commonly used action plans:You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Some of the following links exit to non-federal government sites Exit