EPA Region 7 (Midwest)
Serving Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Nine Tribal Nations
Key Regional Programs and Projects
- West Lake Landfill Site
- LaJolla Spring Cave Complex - Meramec Caverns
- Air in the Midwest
- Solid Waste in the Midwest
Regional Focus Areas
- Air - Improve the air quality in the region. Look for ways to support clean air efforts.
- Land - Put our time and energy into sites where we can make great strides and create a significant difference. Be a stimulus to help communities connect the green infrastructure tools available to them.
- Chemical Safety - Ensure the safe use and proper storage of chemicals to protect the citizens of our region.
- Water - Address challenges across the Heartland related to improving water quality. Work with stakeholders to do our part to mitigate affects downstream.
- Environmental Justice - Bring focused support to the environmentally overburdened, underserved, and economically distressed.