About Region 1’s New England Regional Laboratory
What We Do
The overall mission of the EPA New England Regional Laboratory (Office of Environmental Measurement and Evaluation) in Chelmsford, Mass. is to protect human health and the environment by providing state of the art monitoring, evaluation, and technical expertise to EPA, state, tribal and other partners.
The laboratory provides monitoring, analytical support, and data assessments to its internal and external customers. In addition, it manages the quality assurance, water quality monitoring and ambient air monitoring programs in the region. Lab capabilities include a Chemistry Laboratory, a Biology Laboratory, Ecological Monitoring, Air Monitoring, and other functions.
Research Projects Managed by the Lab
- New England Lakes and Ponds (NELP)
- EPA New England Volunteer Monitoring Equipment Loan Program
- Charles River Water Quality Monitoring
- New England Wadeable Streams (NEWS)
- Lead Safe Yards
Arthur Johnson, Director
- Phone: 617-918-8301
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ecosystems Assessment Unit
- Investigations and Analysis Unit
- Quality Assurance Unit